Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) empowers first-time mothers living in poverty to successfully change their lives and the lives of their children through evidence-based nurse home visiting.
“We’ve served moms who have entered the program in middle school through middle-age. Our objective and unrelenting duty is to assist these mothers in maintaining a healthy pregnancy, parent their child with competence and compassion and break the binds of poverty.”
-Ursula Douglas, NFP Program Manager
Interested in signing up for Nurse-Family Partnership?
Are you a first-time, pregnant woman who would like to have a nurse visit your home? As a first-time mom, you most likely have a ton of questions. That’s why Nurse-Family Partnership starts working with you before you give birth to your child.
Sign up for Nurse-Family Partnership today.
Three Important NFP Goals
- Improve pregnancy outcomes by helping women engage in preventive health practices, including receiving thorough prenatal care from their health care providers, improving their diets, and reducing their use of cigarettes, alcohol and illegal substances
- Improve child health and development by helping parents provide responsible and competent care
- Improve the economic self-sufficiency of the family by helping parents develop a vision for their own future, plan future pregnancies, continue their education and find work
NFP Program Outcomes
As an evidence-based primary prevention program, studies have shown the following consistent program outcomes:
- Improved prenatal health
- Fewer subsequent pregnancies
- Increased maternal employment
- Increased intervals between births
- Improved school readiness
- Fewer childhood injuries
- Participants are less likely than their peers to rely on social assistance programs. A RAND corporation study estimates for every $1 spent in NFP, Care Ring accrues $5.70 in avoided government assistance costs.
For current information on Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) working in Mecklenburg County, please click here.
For more information on NFP, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-248-3737.